Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Best Yogurt Maker For You and Your Family


Image : http://www.flickr.com


Choosing the best yogurt maker is really not that difficult. This simple to make snack and dessert can be prepared in less than thirty minutes, left to ferment overnight, and when you wake up in the morning you have a healthy breakfast. Yogurt can also be used as a weight-loss solution if eaten with the proper fruits and vegetables. In order to choose the best yogurt maker you and your family, you first have to know how much you want to make in each batch and how you prefer to eat it.

Over the last year I have practically lived on homemade yogurt, fruit and vegetables. Sometimes I'll have some fish or baked chicken at dinner to spice things up a little. When I first started my yogurt diet, it only took about a week for me to notice a real difference in how I felt. I felt like I had more energy and my clothes were getting a lot more roomy. When choosing my yogurt maker I took into account how much I would be eating and if I wanted it in individual serving sizes or as one large batch. The best yogurt maker for me is the one that will make a large batch of plain yogurt because I use it in so many recipes and meals. I can also take out what I need if I just want a quick snack.

Making your own homemade yogurt is very wise. Many brands of store-bought yogurt contain unhealthy ingredients such as artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, sugar and other undesirable sweeteners. If you are making your own yogurt then you will need a starter. Usually you can obtain this by using name brand yogurt but be sure that it is plain yogurt with active cultures. All you'll need is a spoonful.

A simple homemade yogurt recipe: You will need about a quart of milk (whole or skim), a tablespoon of plain store-bought yogurt as your starter, a cooking thermometer and the best yogurt maker that fits your desires.

First you will warm the milk in a saucepan using medium heat until small bubbles begin to appear around the edges. Remove the milk from the heat and use a thermometer to take the temperature. Once the milk reaches 110 to 115 degrees, add the yogurt starter and stir well until evenly blended.

Pour the yogurt mixture into your yogurt maker and turn it on. Leave it in the machine from 6 to 10 hours (preferably overnight). When it is done, set the yogurt in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.

And there you have it. Fresh, homemade yogurt for the whole family to enjoy. You'll have fun trying different toppings and flavorings. I love to add fruit, jam, honey, granola or molasses. The best yogurt make for you is the one that fits your diet.

Breakfast Cereals Beer Brewing

No comments:

Post a Comment