Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ice Cream Addicted

I can admit, I am ice cream addicted. I want to have one almost every day. Since I have found out that this cold, delicious treat is good for me in many ways, I enjoy it even more.

Why it is good for you:
Probably you may have heard the joke about the sore throat and ice cream? For those, who have not, I will quote it: A man asks to a shop assistant: have you got some ice cream? Yes, she replies, we have got vanilla, strawberry, rhubarb and mint chocolate chip... and at this the girl starts coughing. The man asks sympathetically: have you got laryngitis? No, the girl answers, just vanilla, strawberry, rhubarb and mint chocolate chip!

Why I like the joke - because as doctors have discovered, regular eating of the frozen cream prevents you from catching cold. So, if the shop assistant often tastes her production, then, most probably, she indeed has not got laryngitis.

For long time I have tested that that eating ice cream makes me happier. As just necessity to get one makes me leave my computer, I thought that it is just due to the obvious fact, that I stop word processing while I eat, which makes me happier.:) It occurred, that actually scientists have proven that indeed it is enough just to eat a spoonful of any ice cream, and the same area in your brain is stimulated as if you were winning money or listening to your favorite music. (Data from Institute of Psychiatry in London) But happy employees are more productive, so I have persuaded our management to include ice cream in daily snacks offered free of charge at our office. It works, our productivity indeed goes up! And, as we have observed, sore throats has become a rarity in our department. So our management does not intend to stop the practice.

An easy way to get one:
As I want to have my favorite treat available also at home, and I want to experiment with different flavors, it was obvious that I needed some kind of automatic ice cream makers. The problem was, that most of those required too much time and effort to produce the result. After wide search in the market of automatic ice cream makers, I found an excellent solution which satisfied my wish for an instant delicious treat. Instead of a complicated machine, I just use Vitamix Vita-prep 3, which lets me get my favorite dish in just minutes. I like, that it is extremely easy to use it. I do not need any preparations, except I need frozen fruits or some ice cubes. But this definitely is not difficult. I am used to have frozen cranberries, strawberries, cherries, blueberries, pieces of rhubarb, apples and pineapples in my freezer. I always hove some sugar and heavy cream. Using Vitamix, it just takes minutes to get the result. What I enjoy most, is that also kids are able to handle the preparation process, as the basic recipe is very simple.

Before I found out that Vitamix may be used, I tested numerous different models to check which gave the best results. I have saved my research records related to different automatic ice cream makers, so if you are interested, you must have a look at those.

Breakfast Cereals

No comments:

Post a Comment