Monday, December 20, 2010

Betty's Version of Maker's Mark Bourbon Balls Recipe

In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make delicious and seasonal Bourbon Balls, made from the recipe of Maker's Mark. I received this recipe when Rick and I went on a tour of Maker's Mark Distillery at Loretto, Kentucky. (If you are interested in the tour, please view my video, Bettys Trip to Maker's Mark Distillery with Rick.) I wanted to share this recipe with you, because it is a perfect candy to have on hand as the holiday season approaches. This candy freezes well, so you can make it early on, and have it ready for guests at a moments notice! I also like them when I have a taste for just a little something sweet. I actually like them better frozen! Ingredients: 1 pound box confectioner's sugar 1 stick melted butter ½ cup Makers Mark Bourbon whisky 1 cup chopped pecans (Also needed: chocolate and parafin for coating) Soak nuts in Bourbon overnight. Combine all ingredients (except coating materials) and refrigerate until firm. Roll in small balls and dip in Bakers semi-sweet chocolate melted with paraffin. (I used a 12 oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips, mixed with 1 oz. paraffin in a double boiler. I then coated the Bourbon balls with the chocolate mixture, and placed them on waxed paper to set up. I placed a single half-pecan piece on the top of each piece of candy, and pressed it lightly while the coating was still hot. I let the finished Bourbon balls cool. You can use a refrigerator or freezer to speed up the process. Then I placed them in a candy dish for ...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lm98H8FtiM&hl=en

Beer Brewing Breakfast Cereals

No comments:

Post a Comment